- ENGL 472: Professional Writing (Online)
- ENGL 473: Professional Editing (Online)
- ENGL 474: Document Design (Online)
- ENGL 462: Special Projects in Professional Writing (Online)
- ENGL 463: Professional Writing Practicum (Online or Workplace Internship)
- ENGL 596: Research Methods (Campus)
- One course in Rhetoric.
- One course in Linguistics.
- Two courses in Rhetoric, Linguistics, Creative Writing, Literature, and/or Folklore.
Most graduate-level English courses do not have an online option. You will have to attend courses on campus to complete the MA in English with a concentration in Professional Writing.
MA students with a concentration in professional writing will complete a thesis project, a professional portfolio with a theoretical introduction. You will collect documents that you have completed throughout your course work and prepare them for inclusion in a professional portfolio. You will write an academic introduction to your portfolio based on readings in professional writing theory and work place research.