Get your M.A. in English
The M.A. in English satisfies the needs of a variety of students. Whether you plan to continue in a Ph.D. program, want to teach at the high school or college levels, or wish to acquire professional training in writing or research. You may concentrate in
- Literature and Cultural Studies
- Creative Writing
- Professional Writing
- Rhetoric and Composition
For application materials, GRE score expectations, and other info, visit the Graduate School's application information page.
Start your graduate career in English! Apply today.
Additional Application Materials
In addition to the general Graduate School Application Materials you must also submit:
- Statement of Purpose (1-2 Pages)
- Curriculum Vitae
- Writing Sample (10-20 Pages)
- Graduate Assistantship Application (if applying for funding, downloadable on the Graduate School site)
- Creative Writers: Creative Sample (15-20 Pages) directly to graduate coordinator.
For the fall semester, admissions applications are due March 1. Fellowship applications are due February 1.
For the spring semester, the department adheres to the predetermined Graduate School application deadlines.
Contact our Graduate Coordinator
Dr. Elizabeth Bobo
Griffin Hall, 248