Get your M.A. in English
The M.A. in English satisfies the needs of a variety of student, whether you plan to continue in a Ph.D. program, want to teach at the high school or college levels, or wish to acquire professional training in writing or research. You may concentrate in any of the following areas:
- Literature and Cultural Studies
- Creative Writing
- Professional Writing
- Rhetoric and Composition
Assistantships Available for Fall
Resources and Links
- View the Grad School’s admission and application requirements.
- Apply today!
- Check your application status.
- View the Grad School application checklist.
Additional Application Materials
In addition to the general Graduate School Application Materials you must also submit the following materials to the Graduate School:
- Statement of purpose mentioning your chosen concentration (1-2 Pages)
- Curriculum vitae with relevant academic and professional experience
- Critical writing sample with academic works cited page (10-20 pages)
- Graduate Assistantship Application (if applying for funding, downloadable on the Graduate School site)
- Creative writing sample (15-20 Pages) - for candidates interested in the Creative Writing concentration only. The genre of the piece should reflect your intended focus area; specify either fiction, poetry, drama, or creative non-fiction
- GRE scores are optional, but not required.
Priority review for admissions and assistantship decisions for the fall semester are due by January 15.
Applications for admission and assistantships for the spring semester are due by November 1.
Contact our Graduate Coordinator
Dr. Leah Orr
Dr. Michael Kightley
Griffin Hall 227
Phone: (337) 482-1133
Griffin Hall 326