- View the Moving Image Arts Course Distribution Sheets: 2018-19, 2020-2021.
- View previous Course Distribution Sheets.
- Download a copy of the course requirements and offerings.
- Check out the latest course offerings for an idea of the kinds of classes you'll get to take.
- View the Undergraduate Catalog.
The Moving Image Arts program offers a unique interdisciplinary curriculum to its student media and film artists. Our students are constantly evolving within three core components which we believe are the pillars of modern day filmmaking and media content creation:
1. Theory and scholarship: Students acquire and refine the ability to efficiently research and critically analyze any information on the field or subject of study.
2. Practical application: While learning the concepts and tools used by visual storytellers around the world, students get to apply this knowledge and technique to hands-on projects, and internships which we facilitate within our local media industry.
3. Business/Commercial standards: While mindful of industry ethics, students perform professionally to produce and market their projects while also learning about managing people, writing budgets, promoting themselves, their projects, and their creative area of interest.